Sunday, January 10, 2010

1950 Ford 2Door Sedan

In the Summer of '09 I acquired, courtesy of my cousin, Rick McLain, a rusted out, non-running , 1950 Ford. Being a masochist at heart I thought it would be fun rebuild this lovely machine. The car reminds me of the very similar '49 2dr that my brother, Tom , had back in the mid fifties

The plan is to do the necessary body work, rebuild the chassis, replace and update the interior.
It will not be a restoration as it will have much newer driveline components.

Right now the car is sitting in my driveway covered with a tarp and snow. It is just a little too cold to be working on it right now. More importantly, cash is not in abundant supply.

This will be a joint project between my Son-in-law, Brandon, and I. Other help will be welcomed.

My next blog will not be so slow in coming.. When I figure out how I will post pictures.

No comments: